Friday, December 28, 2007

3, 2, 1... Launch this blog

Today marks the beginning of this blog. Basically, this is just a way for me to catalog and share my experiences with today's top of the line flight simulation software and hardware.

History
A bit on my history. I first began to fly simulators on a computer loaded with DOS (yes, just DOS) and a program called F117A Stealth Fighter. (That link is from a great website that lists most of the old flight simulators.) From then on I played many different simulators from Pro Flight 98 to other bargain bin combat simulators. Let's call this era my "early history".

My "modern history" begins in 2005 with a new computer and a copy of X-Plane 7. I purchased a Saitek X45 and my addiction took off. (Did I just say that?) Since then, I have added numerous peripherals and computer hardware to increase my immersion into the virtual flight world. My current list can be seen on the right sidebar.

Expectations
I don't expect to be posting in this blog as frequently as other blogs, probably once or twice a month, maybe more if I am feeling talkative. During the my school quarters, I am very busy and I have little time to fly, but I am able to fly occasionally. It also doesn't help that during the quarter breaks I am frequently away from my flight sim computer (like right now). I am also toying with the idea of inviting guest commentators. I am sure other people could add greatly to the content of this page.

Happy Flying
-Hindwarf

No comments: